Knowsley Floating Support Scheme

SHAP provides community-based housing-related support for men and women in Knowsley who need help to maintain their tenancy.

Working alongside:

  • the local authority,
  • the Department of Work and Pensions, and,
  • local housing providers,

our two Floating Support Workers provide access to support, information and services that can help people face and overcome difficulties, challenges, problems and behaviours that could place their tenancy at risk.

Staff are on duty 9 am – 5 pm, Monday to Friday, however, our service is tailored to meet the needs of clients and so staff can work outside these hours when needed.

Mission Statement

Enabling people to secure and maintain their homes by tailoring their support needs, generating a long lasting change, achieve independence and a more stable lifestyle.

How to access the scheme

We accept referrals directly from men and women who:

  • are aged 16 and over. Please note, there is no upper access age limit for access to the scheme.
  • are with or without children
  • have their own tenancy
  • are working or on benefits
  • and also from agencies, who wish to refer to us on behalf of someone else.  You can be living in private rented accommodation or a housing association property.

Please contact us on 0151 449 0300 or email   

The staff team can also be contacted on 07471 035 407 or 07471 035 425

How to apply

You can phone us on 0151 449 0300 or email

You can self refer or be referred by one of our partner agencies, Knowsley Housing Trust (KHT), or any other social housing provider, but if you aren’t sure, just phone or email and we will get back to you.

Contact us

Get In Touch Today

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Where to Find Us:

12 Octavia Court
Byron Close
L36 0YW

Phone Number:

0151 449 0300


Frequently Asked Questions

How much does it cost?

Nothing, it is a free service that is funded by the local authority and set up to stop evictions taking place and to help you to learn to manage your tenancy.

How long can I stay in the service?
For up to 9 months, but it can be shorter or longer term depending on your circumstances.
What does your service look like and how is it delivered?
Either Lesley or Lorraine will call out to see you to assess you and to see in what areas of your life you need support. We will then come out to see you weekly or every two weeks to ensure that your tenancy is running smoothly.

You will have a support plan which will be followed, agreed and is not set in stone, things change all the time.

Do I have to be on benefits?
No, not at all, if you are working, you are not charged for the service.
Do I have to be in social housing?

No, as long as you have your own independent tenancy, your landlord can be registered social landlord or a private landlord.

What are the benefits of receiving Floating Support?

Shap’s Floating Support Workers can access funding for basic household items and can help you to attend appointments, claim relevant benefits, access education and employment and can also be a listening ear to discuss things that worry you.

Help us tackle homelessness in Merseyside